Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Day Six - Friends

Starting Weight:  239.5
Current Weight:  229.7
Total Change: - 9.8 lbs
Exercise:  1.5 hour hike up Mt. Major.


One of the hard parts about doing the Optifast program at LRGH is that I'm the only person participating.  There was one other person that did the program before me.  I'm not sure if they were successful or not.  So, I found an optifast support group on facebook and put out a request for an accountability partner.  I found a gal from Canada and we have started supporting one another.  It is a good feeling knowing that there is someone else out there that you can talk to, ask questions, and share ideas with.  The Canadian program is apparently a lot different than the US program.  She has 4 shakes a day, and only vanilla and chocolate.  They don't have any soups and they don't have any bars.  How awful!  No wonder it is so difficult to stay on track.  I've offered to send her some soups and bars so she can give those a try.  I absolutely love having my nice warm soup at night.  I look forward to it. 

I still have a good amount of energy.  I was really tired last night. That is good!  I've had a few nights where I've had a hard time falling and staying asleep.  I slept like a log. 

Today is also my last dose of Prednisone.  Right before I started the program, I was digging in the back yard and got a bad case of poison sumac.  So bad that my entire face was swollen, and my eyes swollen shut.  Terrible...itchy, burning, nastiness.  My hands still burn at night.  I will be happy to get off the prednisone though.  I hate taking pills.

I was supposed to meet with the nutritionist today, but for whatever reason she can't meet today.  I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed.  It is a lot of money to be spending for the "support" of professionals to not get it.  I'm not going to let it get in my way or sabotage my progress.  Moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment