Monday, November 24, 2014

Day Four - The Brain

Initial Weight:  239.5
Current Weight:  230.7
Total Change:  -8.8 lbs
Exercise:  30 minutes on the Elliptical;  10 minutes reg. 15 minutes of HIIT training and 5 minutes of regular/cool down.  I began Lee Labrada's Lean Body - 12 week trainer to try and engage some muscle.  Here is the link if you want to try it out!  

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html


Yesterday was challenging for me.  I struggled with my mind.  Now that I'm not planning out my next meal every second, I have a lot of free time to think.  I watched my boyfriend drink multiple cranberry and vodka cocktails, and then have a glass of wine with his dinner.  I felt annoyed by that. The entire time he boasted about having been a "good" all day.  I didn't say much.  Not worth the argument really.  How can eating good include several cranberry and diet cocktails and a glass of wine?  We each have our own addictions don't we?  Now, that I've been 4 days sober from my food addiction it become a lot easier to see the addictions of others.

I went to my Mom's and watched my nephew for four hours or so.  That was great.  Helped take my mind off things for a bit.  I am just so in love with him.  My mother was supportive, and so was my sister.  They wished I would do something more "normal" like weight watchers, but that just doesn't work for me.  I have to go balls to the walls.  All in - or I'm not.  It is that simple.  

I was really mentally tired tonight when I got home.  I had a very bad case of the "blahs" and was even a little short with my daughter when we went food shopping.  Yes, I went food shopping.  It really didn't bother me at all.  In fact, I got home and cooked Shepard's pie for them all.  I watched them eat it while I sipped on my tomato soup.  It didn't bother me.  I didn't want it.  I think it bothered them more to in front of me than it does for me to watch them eat.

I began weight-training yesterday.  I love to move weight.  It is so empowering.  In the first two weeks of the program you are not supposed to do anymore than 30 minutes of exercise a day.  Walking is what they told me to do.  I get so bored so easily - and walking (for me) is just boring.  I am always testing myself, pushing myself - so I went on bodybuilding.com and looked for the easiest weight training program I could find.  It really was easy.  If you use the mobile app for bodybuilding on your phone they actually give you video demonstrations of each exercise so you don't look like a complete knucklehead at the gym fumbling around with free weights.  Plus, something Dr. Warner said to me on my consultation kept banging around in my head.  She told me that there was something magical about HIIT training and weight lifting when done together.  She said no one really knew why, but that combo seemed to cause a greater fat burn than any other combo.  That is all I need to know!   HIIT training and weight-lifting it is from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment